If you follow me on social media, you already saw photos of this delicious meal. And, as I promised – here is the recipe! Thank you peaceloveandlowcarb.com
For the Dough
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Toppings
- 1/2 cup low carb pizza sauce (get the recipe here)
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 6 oz ground beef – we use our home grown beef and you can too –Stewart Grass Fed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (about 2.5 oz)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 15 dill pickles slices
- 1 1/2 cup cheese, shredded (I used a combination of sharp cheddar and mozzarella)
FOR THE DOUGH
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute.
- To the mixing bowl, add egg, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. (It will be stiff and hard to mix)
- Line a 12-inch pizza pan with parchment paper. Spread the “dough” into a thin but even layer, covering the pizza pan. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Bake on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Watch it to make sure that it does not bubble up. Use a toothpick to pop any bubbles, if necessary.
FOR THE TOPPINGS
- Mix low carb pizza sauce with yellow mustard and set aside
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, combine ground beef, onion, and garlic. Saute until the ground beef is cooked through and the onions are soft. Drain any excess grease.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over pizza crust.
- Top with an even layer of cheese
- Pile on ground beef mixture.
- Top with crumbled bacon and pickle slices
- Reduce oven to 350°
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
*Per Serving – 1 Slice – * Calories – 400 Protein – 21g Fat – 20g Total Carbs – 8.5 Fiber – 2g Net Carbs – 6.5