Meal planning is something that has become a staple in my week to do list. Mostly because if I don’t plan it’s going to end up being chips or ice cream for dinner because it’s simple and quick. I’ll confess, we’ve done ice cream or breakfast for dinners quite a few times, but I know that to function to our fullest potential we need to put clean foods in to get big results out.
The last month of my life has been quick grab foods. I’ve eaten more chips and crackers in the last 30 days than I have in the last year. That’s why sticking to my meal plan something I need to get me back to feeling healthy.
I don’t plan out breakfasts or lunches too much. If you’re looking for a good make-ahead breakfast check out these options: (Egg Muffins, My Breakfast Pinterest Board) I work from home so I usually make a weird yet delicious breakfast; 1 slice Ezekial bread with peanut butter, and fried egg white and whole egg on top. It’s so good! For lunch, it’s usually a smoothie. I plan my husband’s lunches but they usually end up being leftovers of our big Sunday meal or the meals we have through the week.
For the kids, my husband usually makes them eggs and bacon or they have toast and peanut butter. I do need to find a way to get healthier weekend lunches – that’s one of our biggest struggles since we’re on the go so much. (2019 goal?)
I usually pick what dinners I am going to do first and then make my shopping list – so I’ll do the same here.
- Monday, March 25th – Philly Cheese Steak Meatballs & Regular Meatballs for the girls w/ homemade french fries
- Tuesday, March 26th – Spaghetti w/ Spaghetti squash
- Wednesday, March 27th – Sandwiches/wraps with chips, salad and cottage cheese (it’s shopping day so it’s an easy and quick meal with the chaos of the night)
- Thursday, March 27th – Grilled Cheese & Soup (another busy night means another quick and easy meal – sports practice and 4H)
- Friday, March 28th – Chicken Tacos
- Saturday, March 29th – Pork Chops w/ broccoli
- Sunday, March 30th – Chicken Bacon Chowder
- Other fruits we are in the mood for snacking on
- Spaghetti Squash
- Green Peppers
- Lettuce (for taco night I make myself a taco salad)
- Maybe Other veggies that seem good and full that day for snacks
- Chicken Breasts
- Ground Beef (we don’t buy this because we have a grass-fed beef farm, but you’ll need it on your list)
- Shredded cheese
- Provolone Cheese
- Almond Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Frozen Fruits and veggies for smoothies
- Frozen broccoli
- Sparkling water
- BBQ Rub (I pick McCormick usually)
- Organic Spaghetti Sauce
- Mayo (olive oil)
- Organic Ketchup
- Stubs BBQ sauce
- Chicken Broth
- Ezekiel Bread
- Crazy Richard Peanut butter
Life is busy, it would be great to make my own spices and sauces. It would be great to have the money to buy the best quality spices also, but right now in this season – I do the best I can within the framework of our life. Each day we strive to get a little better in how we fuel our bodies.