This is probably one of my favorite meals in a long time. It was easy and full of flavor, plus the kids loved it!
- 12oz cauliflower rice
- 1.5lb lean ground beef
- 15oz can of tomato sauce (I make sure no sugar is added)
- 1/2 C sour cream (I use full fat)
- 1 1/4 C cottage cheese (I use full fat)
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese (I shred my own)
- 1/2 C sliced green onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a 2.5-quart baking dish. Microwave 4-5 minutes or until tender but not mushy. After cooking, set aside (leave in the casserole dish).
- In a large skillet or pot, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned, 7-10 minutes. Drain and stir in the tomato sauce, salt, and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the cottage cheese and sour cream. Mix in the sliced green onions.
- Pour the sour cream mixture into the cauliflower rice (that’s in the casserole dish) and mix well.
- Pour half of the beef mixture over the cauliflower rice mixture. Spread with the back of a spoon to even. Top with 1 C of the cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining beef mixture and cheese, ending with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.