We had company over this last week and for some reason, that’s when I decide to make something new and unique. When I tell my guests what I chose, I’m not sure if they’re all that excited about it. I mean can you imagine getting a call from your friend to say – “hey I’ve decided to make peanut butter hamburgers for our dinner party.”
I haven’t had meal flop yet, and this is no exception! I found the idea on Pinterest, but made it my way instead of following the recipe.
burger patties -your preference & cooked to your liking
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 large wedge of iceberg lettuce, cleaned and shredded
- 2 fresh gluten-free buns, toasted (optional – I do bunless)
- Holy guacamole spread (or your own avocado of choice)
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of Peanut butter (more or less depending on how many burgers)
- Sriracha Sauce (added to spice preference)
- 2 tbs. Soy Sauce (low sodium)
- Water as needed for thickness of sauce
Make your burgers to your liking. In a small bowl add peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha, and stir. keep adding sriracha slowly to find your right level of spice and slowly add water to make it a smooth (mayo like) consistency.
Assemble your Burger: Spread the peanut sauce on the burger, top with avocado, lettuce and other desired toppings – enjoy!