I love sweets. Especially chocolaty, nutty and gooy ones. With my love for the gooy goodness I ended up making my own version of power ball that replaced oats with quinoa. Many recipes use quinoa puffs, but I can’t seem to find them so we use cooked fiber packed quinoa for ours.
- Cooked Quinoa (according to package directions) Cook it a little longer than normal to get as much moisture out as you can
- 3-4 Dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup Dark chocolate chips
- 2 tlbs Chia seeds
- 1 Scoop collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup+ almond butter
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 scoop nuzest protein powder (chocolate for us, but choose any other great flavor)
- Sometimes I add hemp seeds and other nuts (optional)
Mix everything together except the coconut flakes and scoop into little balls. Roll them in the coconut flakes and store in the refrigerator to keep them solid.