Eating well when I’m not tempted is pretty easy, but when Christmas parties start – temptation for sweet treats is something I have a hard time resisting. So I’ve found some recopies to let me enjoy my sweet without breaking my clean eating goals.
So when invited to a party, I offer to bring the dessert, check these out:
- 1/2 cup (125g) Peanut butter unsweetened
- 1 8oz (225g) Cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup (28g) Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g Dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Blend the peanut butter, erythritol, cream cheese and vanilla essence together. I used a hand blender but a sturdy arm and a wooden spoon would do it
2. Press a large teaspoon of the mixture into an ice tray or alternative, make a ball. If you make a ball shape, place them on a piece of parchment paper.
3. Pop the ice tray/balls on parchment paper into the freezer for about an hour until they firm up.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water (bain marie) and add the coconut oil. Stir until melted and cool slightly.
5. Take the peanut bites out of the freezer and dip each bite into the chocolate mixture and place on a tray lined with parchment paper. You may want to double dip the pieces in the chocolate.
6. Place back into the freezer for at least 30 minutes until the chocolate has hardened. Keep stored in the freezer until you are ready to eat them.
Eat and enjoy!