- 1-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce (I use Lea & Perrins)
- 1/2 cup crushed Rice Chex or panko bread crumbs (recipe will not be GF if using panko)
- 3oz provolone cheese, cut into 1/4” cubes
- Heat extra virgin olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat then add the onions, season with salt, and saute until onions begin to turn golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Add the peppers, season with salt and pepper, then continue sautéing until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes, turning heat down if vegetables begin to burn. Add garlic then saute for 30 more seconds. Transfer vegetables to a plate then let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees then line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. In a large bowl combine ground beef, egg, Worcestershire sauce, Rice Chex or panko bread crumbs, cheese cubes, onions and peppers, and lots of salt and pepper then mix until combined. Divide into 4 equal-sized portions then form into loaves and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until no longer pink in the center then serve.