This is my favorite lunch. It is filling and energizing for my day. I always use half a bun for my burger and add a side of cottage cheese for extra protein.
Black Bean Patty
- 15 oz drained seasoned black beans cans
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats (made into flour or almond flour)
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 1 chipotle in adobo plus 1 tbsp adobo liquid
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 can of corn
Chipotle Mayo (mix it all together)
- 1 & 1/2 cups high quality mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 3-6 chipotle peppers from a can
- 2-3 tablespoons adobo sauce from the can
- 1/4 cup cilantro, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, use 1/4 tsp for table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- In a food processor, or a large blender, combine half the black beans, egg, rolled oats, onion powder, adobo pepper and liquid, salt, ground cumin, and black pepper. Pulse mixture for 30 seconds, pausing halfway to mix.
- Add in the rest of the beans and corn and incorporate it all
- Form 8 patties, each using about a ⅓ cup of black bean mixture. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat a skillet and drizzle some olive oil in it. Cook one or two patties at a time 2-3 minutes on each side (please note these don’t stay together to well don’t be surprised.
- Keep it together the best you can and put it on a 1/2 bun topped with chipotle mayo and some lettuce – eat with a fork and enjoy!