Recipe for Fat Head Pizza Crust (For the crust, I added some cajun seasoning to enhance the Jambalaya flavor)
- Andouille Sausage (sliced)
- Peeled and tail removed shrimp
- Cajun Seasoning
- Diced Onion
- Diced Green Pepper
- Pizza sauce (or chopped tomatoes) I chose pizza sauce because it was easier
- Mozzarella cheese
- Red wine
- Make your Fat Head Pizza Crust (or crust of choice)
- Drop the oven temperature to 400 degrees
- Heat a skillet over med-high heat, add oil and shrimp. As shrimp cook add cajun seasoning and old bay seasoning and cook until shrimp is cooked through.
- Take shrimp out, add a bit more oil and drop in the chopped sausage. Allow cooking for about two minutes, flipping when needed. Remove from heat and combine with the shrimp.
- Deglaze the skillet with wine and stir to loosen the brown bits. Reduce heat and add chopped onions and green peppers. Cook about 2 minutes
- Add the pizza sauce (not too much sauce – the goal is just enough to make a chunky covering of the crust) and cajun seasoning. I go by taste and smell for measurements but I believe it was about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning.
- Top the pizza dough with the sauce, shrimp, sausage and mozzarella cheese. I added some red pepper flakes to enhance the kick but it’s optional.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.