This week has been crazy, the meal plan I had ended up falling to the wayside on Thursday due to an unexpected science fair right in the middle of 2 soccer practices. Running 5 days in a row causes a lot of chaos.
This next week I’m keeping it simple and summary. We also have our youngest daughter’s birthday this weekend so I’ll include our party menu (cake and all).
- Sunday, March 30th: (party) Fancy Brats from Ski’s meat market, cole slaw, Organic tortilla chips w/ Sour Cream and salsa dip, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. Typically I’d make a healthy cake, but I’m going all in this time. (oh for the butterfingers on the inside, I’m going to try ruffle chips instead to cut back on the sugar (a very little big, haha) – wish me luck) Then Sunday night I’ll make that slow cooker Chicken bacon chowder I didn’t make last week.
- Monday, April 1st: Sweet Potato Hash
- Tuesday, April 2nd: BBQ Pork Tacos w/ Cole Slaw
- Wednesday, April 3rd: Shopping night = Sandwiches (bought hormone free meat from Costco), Chips, and cottage cheese. (after my dad’s passing this is a ‘memory throwback meal’ because this was a tradition growing up)
- Thursday, April 4th: Our grass-fed Burgers with Stir Fry Vegetables
- Friday, April 5th: Our grass-fed Beef Steaks with baked french fries
|Sweet Potatoes||Frozen blackberries|
|Organic Apples||Frozen Raspberries|
|Berries (whatever I’m in the mood for)||Frozen Kale & Spinach|
|Lettuce||Stir Fry Veggies|
|Hot Dogs (for party – beef)||Ruffle Chips (for cake) o_O|
|Butter||Organic Tortilla Chips|
|Eggs||German Chocolate Cake Mix|
|Almond Milk||Chocolate Chips (organic/low sugar)|
|Heavy Whipping Cream||Ezekial Bread|
|Cream Cheese (2)||Crazy Richard Peanut Butter|
|Sour Cream||Hot Dog Buns|
|Cottage Cheese (1%)||Coconut Oil|
|Yogurt||Birthday Present of course :star:|
Clean eating 80% of the times allows for a fun packed birthday meal. Moderation is key. For a birthday the key ingredients is a good cake and plenty of time to spend talking with loved ones.
Cheers to a happy, fun, and healthy week!