- 1/2 tsp organic ground sage
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 large sweet potato diced into 1/2” cubes
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts cut in halves or quarters depending on their size
- 1 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil for roasting Brussels sprouts and pecans or olive oil, plus a sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil divided (for the sweet potatoes and apples)
- 2 medium apples I used fuji diced the same size as sweet potato
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Combine the spice mixture ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with 1 1/2 tbsp avocado or olive oil, a pinch of sea salt, and sprinkle with 1 tsp of the spice mixture. Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then add the pecans to the baking sheet and gently toss. Continue to roast for 5-7 minutes or until toasty.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, seasoned cast iron pan (or any heavy skillet that won’t stick) over medium heat and add 2 tbsp of the coconut oil.
- Once the pan is heated, add the diced sweet potatoes and sprinkle evenly with the 1/2 tsp sea salt and stir/toss to coat the potatoes cooking fat and salt. Cover the pan, using any cover that is large enough, for about 2 minutes. Uncover and stir, lower the heat a bit if the potatoes are starting to brown too much. Recover and cook for another 2-4 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Uncover the pan and continue to cook, stirring, until the potatoes are light brown all over. Add the diced apples plus the 2 tsp coconut oil and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes or until the apples and potatoes are brown. Adjust the heat of your stove top as necessary to avoid burning.
- Once apples and potatoes are toasty, turn the heat off and immediately stir in the remaining spice mixture, cranberries and roasted Brussels sprouts & pecans. Allow the hash to sit in the hot skillet for several minutes to let the flavors mix. Serve warm as a side dish or meatless meal. Enjoy!
1 thought on “Sweet & Savory Harvest Hash”