A life of excellence is doing my best in all situations and embracing mistakes, failures, weaknesses as lessons – things I get to learn from and grow – not as things that defeat and crush my spirit.
Perfectionism is deceitful. It’s a block that keeps me from learning and growing. It’s a trap that keeps me stuck in the dark and deep pit of a false identity – one I created and let the world create that tells me I’m worthy based on how perfectly I perform.
YAHWEH says that living according to His ways, repenting (recognize when I didn’t live according to His way, asking forgiveness and completely changing my sinful ways(learning from my mistake)) is a life of excellence. Not how perfectly we perform but how perfectly we love, guard and learn to spiritually mature with Him in our sanctification process.
Here’s my new mindset:
- Do my best every day and in every situation
- Slow down
- Put YAHWEH first by applying His ways/knowledge to how I parent, how I work, how I think, how I… everything – Put Him in the front of my mind always aware of His presence
- Reflect His Character, not my sinful and deceitful emotions, thoughts…
- Accept mistakes, failures, weaknesses with joy because each one is an opportunity to learn and grow and mature into the likeness of my Heavenly Father
- Repent and learn from my mistakes and apply the learned lesson
- Living in a perfectionistic mindset is a roadblock to growth and spiritual maturity
- Fuel my mind and body with life
- Eat fruits and veggies
- Speak scripture over myself and others
- Think what is loving, pure, honorable, good…. Not negative
- YAHWEH is in control of ALL things – let Him lead