One of my new focus’ is to get more protein in and breakfast is one of the best places to start my day off on the right foot.
This is my breakfast most days of the week:
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup of berries
- 1 tsp Molasses (iron is important for women’s health)
- 1 tbs chia sees (sometimes hemp hearts)
- 1 container of Oikos Triple zero creek yogurt
- 1/2 tbs organic peanut butter
- Dark chocolate chips and nuts
Place oats, chia seeds, and water in a saucepan (microwave works too) bring to a boil then let simmer for 3-5 minutes. Once most of the water is absorbed remove from heat and add fresh berries (if I use frozen I add the berries at the same time as the oats and water).
Place the oats in a bowl and top with chocolate chips, nuts, yogurt and nut butter – enjoy! (after big workouts I add 1/2 scoop of protein powder and only use half the yogurt -saving the other half to use as an apple dip or mid-morning snack)
410 Calories, 24 g protein, 59 g Carbohydrates, 11g Fat