One of the main focuses I have is to incorporate more protein into my diet. As a female athlete and an aging woman. I see an increase need for protein to maintain my muscle tone and support my cycle.
On Mother’s Day this year I went out to breakfast with my family and their special was cinnamon roll french toast. I couldn’t resist! Not only was the French toast on the top 5 best I’ve ever had, I was reminded just how much I love French toast. So, being that I want to focus on more protein, I gave something a try – adding protein power to my eggs and milk and letting my bread soak in that. I was not disappointed!
Now, I am a firm believer in getting protein from natural sources like meat, egg, dairy…That is where I get the majority of my daily protein. I use maybe one scoop of protein power a day split into different things like my coffee, my yogurt dessert, or if I’ve had an extra tough workout I’ll add some to milk to support muscle synthesis.
Now back to this french toast….
- 1-2 slices of Sourdough Bread (I make my own, but this bread is higher in protein and other vitamins/minerals that make it one of the best breads for you)
- 15g Cinnamon protein power
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c Fairlife 2% milk (or milk of choice)
- Mix together egg, milk and protein powerd
- Place to slices in the mixture and let it sit for 20 minutes or longer if possible
- I like to throw mine on the griddle for a good browning and then bake or air fry them for 2-4 minutes
- Top with maple syrup and blueberries (or fruit of choice) Enjoy
Calories ~438 | Protein ~20g | Carbs ~ 53g | Fat ~17g